Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Podcasts should be free

Today is the last day I can download The Rachel Maddow Show threw iTunes. If I want to listen to the show after today I'm going to have to pay for it, and I don't want to do that. If I could afford it I would do it. I mean, I can afford it but I can't justify paying for it - I think it should be free. I am sure Air America Radio can cover the bandwidth costs with advertising.

Also - The Ricky Gervais Show is slowing coming to an end. Since the beginning of the show they said it was going to be a series of 12 podcasts and this week marks the 10th.

I need some new podcast recommendations. On a weekly basis I listen to Rachel Maddow, Diggnation, Ricky Gervais and The Onion Radio News <-- you can subscribe to all of these threw iTunes. On a monthly basis I listen to Nardwaur and The Web 2.0 show. I would kill for a free This American Life podcast subsription. An archive of those would keep me busy for months. Speaking of TAL - I am very much looking forward to the TAL show on Showtime.

I'll miss you Rachel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You see that Nardwuar DVD? It's craziness...

http://www.nardwuar.com/records/dvd.html I think.

Thommy said...

No, I have not seen the DVD. But I am interested in getting it. Nardwuar is a one of a kind guy - love him!