Monday, September 26, 2005

All Medicated Geniuses

I haven't been to a show in a long time. Fatherhood responsibilities just don't allow me to go out as much, or see the bands I want to see. On Saturday I got the chance to check out Your Highness and Pretty Girls Make Graves - both played great sets. I have played PGMG before but it has been a good 2-3 years. I would recommend checking out either of there LP's. The show was at a venue out in Fairdale called The Bulldog Cafe and it was a total shithole. The vibe of the show was a little awkward for a couple reasons. 1 - Across the street from the show was a fair, perhaps the "Fairdale Fair" and the street was flooded with middle and high school kids. Fights were rampant and even some car windows got smashed out. 2 - I parked my car behind the venue and security told us to keep an eye out for malicious behavior because a couple weeks prior a bands equipment was stolen and as the thieves fled the scene that had run over someone. Doesn't sound very fair to me ... More like Unfairdale.

PGMG MP3:

All Medicated Geniuses from "The New Romance"

No comments: